Friday 2 March 2012

I am addicted


Shum: I think Ernest Hemingway put it best with regards to how I feel about cycling.

“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.”


More after the jump...

Here are some more words, although not all are about cycling, they do contain beauty and motivation.

"There are too many factors you have to take into account that you have no control over...The most important factor you can keep in your own hands is yourself. I always placed the greatest emphasis on that."
Eddy Merckx

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
Bruce Lee

"My career is going to be played out year by year. Will I be here in 2004? I don't know. The record won't keep me here. Happiness will."
Lance Armstrong

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But, you can either run from it or, learn from it."
Rafiki

“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
Muhammad Ali

"As a kid I had a dream - I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bike in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it in my bed."
John Lennon

"For instance, the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created:  Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."

Bill Strickland

No comments:

Post a Comment